Creative Psychology for Businesses
APOD was founded in early 2006 by Jake Farr C.Psychol. after 7 years of success as an independent business psychologist and consultant.
APOD specialise in applying the principles of human growth and psychology to organisations and individuals. Having recognised that leadership and organisational development requires both artistry as well as theoretically based and empirically tested interventions, APOD has gained a reputation for getting under the skin of organisations and creating environments where potential is unlocked and people and teams flourish.
Applying both business psychology and personal & leadership development techniques, APOD work with organisations to create the ‘right’ environment and individual guidance that really makes a difference.
APOD take pride in their creative and innovative processes and solutions, believing that fully switched on people are inherently motivated to release their potential both in and out of work and will populate thriving organizations.
“We are a flexibly resourced organisation which enables us to respond effectively and nimbly to our clients needs. As chartered occupational psychologists we bring to our solutions all that we know about individual learning and growth, strength based interventions and development and organisational change and development.”
Jake Farr C.Psychol. Founder, APOD
APOD remains a young, thriving company whose steady growth since inception has focused on retaining their spirit whilst developing their offering to reach more people.
Working in partnership with clients is fundamental to APOD. This means:
- Sharing expertise as business psychologists and coaches and work to build expertise in the client organisation
- Listening carefully to clients – how they tell their story and the clarity and passion with which they describe their vision
- Providing frameworks for understanding systems to build a shared understanding and description of the current state
- Driving exploration of possible future scenarios and using those same frameworks to describe the future desired state
- Working with clients varying ways of describing their organisation (e.g. behavioural frameworks, values statements) to design solutions that reflect what’s really important in achieving organisational success
- Working with clients to co-author and co-implement solutions working to ensure that the client fully owns the solution
And why Alchemy?
Alchemy sits well for us as the prefix to personal and organisational development in APOD, describing the transformational nature of our work and aims, and at the same time referencing the mysterious which ‘stands at the cradle of true art and true science’ (Einstein).
Alchemy is referenced throughout history and around the world. From the ancient Egyptians, to Carl Jung (Psychology and Alchemy), and today in the work of William Torbert (The Leadership Development Profile – Seven Ways of Leading). The alchemical metaphor has captured the spirit of a transformational process and it’s what we’re about – nothing less.