All teams have moments of ‘flow’, moments when it all comes together and sparks fly, igniting new ideas and motivation to surpass expectations. Our role is to shine a light on those moments and to identify the building blocks to enable those moments to become the norm rather than the exception.
What is APOD team development?
Team development is a series of activities and conversations that enable a group of individuals with different skills, ideas, experience and personalities to be motivated to work effectively together towards a common goal in a disciplined and creative way.
Working with the team as a whole, and in some instances also with individual members, APOD’s involvement can include executive coaching, team coaching or development, or our creative experience APOD Music.
Team development can happen at any level. Initial analysis of the teams objectives and where it is in its’ journey will inform the style and content of the intervention. For example at board level APOD might look at how to leverage the collective and individual strengths of the leadership team so that it produces organisational excellence and success.
Team development is tailored to the needs of the client. Depending on initial analysis the following may be offered:
- Defining team and business objectives and success measures
- Team analysis (through dialogue with individual team members and/or psychometric profiling)
- Development of a shared understanding of current state
- Development of a shared understanding of desired state, vision and values
- Facilitating discussions to deepen trust, open debate, commitment, accountability and focus on results
“We all want to be part of a brilliant team. It’s how our own brilliance shines. Our role is to work with a team to envision, craft and tempt that brilliance in to existance ”
Jake Farr C.Psychol. Founder, APOD
Why APOD Team Development?
APOD builds mutually trusting relationships quickly to enable us to understand where the team stands currently and what business outcomes are needed from an intervention. This analysis of will indicate quickly the type of intervention (bespoke or existing format) and the scale required to achieve results.
APOD facilitators are at the top of their respective fields, be they psychologists, creatives or business consultants. And all work from a perspective of unconditional positive regard to harness team and individual strengths. This we believe is the key to unlocking team potential.
All APOD’s interventions are based on sound psychological principles drawn from the latest research in social, cognitive, developmental and positive psychology. This is translated into engaging and practical experiences that link directly to people’s real team challenges. This approach is both thorough and effective, packs a punch (even at depth) and has attracted many top businesses over the years.
APOD encourage their clients to fuel by mixing up worlds and pushing boundaries. This means APOD interventions will feel challenging and fun and invite teams to work with experts from other worlds such as music, theatre and comedy.
What are the benefits of team development?
Whether the context is a newly established team, a merger of existing teams, where the team is seen to not be maximising its potential (being greater than the sum of its parts) or where there is inter or intra-team conflict, APOD’s effective team development programmes:
- Develop team cohesiveness, solidarity and identity
- Build on the experience, skills and attributes already present in the team
- Develop a shared understanding of the vision and process for getting there
- Increase team members’ understanding and appreciation of difference and diversity in the team
- Promote an innovative and challenging climate in which team members are motivated to maximise their potential
- Sharpen communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage the group dynamics which can undermine team effectiveness and uses them to move the team to higher levels of performance
- Provide measurable performance improvements
“The APOD facilitators are some of the best that I have ever had the pleasure to work with”
Kirstie Garret, People Development Manager, British Gas